Rules of Participation
MedPhys Match Agreements
|Applicant Agreement||Residency Agreement|
MedPhys Match Rules
- All residency programs and applicants that register to participate in the Medical Physics Matching Program (the "MedPhys Match") must abide by the Schedule of Dates of the MedPhys Match, and the terms of the Agreements they accepted when they registered for the MedPhys Match.
- Participating programs must offer through the MedPhys Match all positions known to be available as of the Rank Order List deadline that start training between June 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Program directors must notify NMS by the Rank Order List deadline of any changes in the programs or positions available.
- Programs must provide complete and accurate information to applicants concerning the position(s) being offered in the MedPhys Match, including all institution and residency program policies related to eligibility requirements for appointment, compensation for residents and accreditation status of the residency program. Similarly, applicants must provide complete and accurate information to the MedPhys Match and to the programs to which they apply.
- Programs may not make any offers of appointment to, or require any commitments from, any applicant prior to the release of the MedPhys Match results. Programs may rank on their Rank Order Lists only those applicants registered in the MedPhys Match.
- Similarly, applicants may not make any commitments to any participating program prior to the release of the MedPhys Match results. Applicants may rank on their Rank Order Lists only those programs participating in the MedPhys Match.
- If a registered applicant chooses not to participate in the MedPhys Match for any reason, then they must submit a withdrawal from the MedPhys Match, and NOT submit a Rank Order List for the MedPhys Match.
- Programs and applicants may freely discuss any matter and may express a high level of interest in each other. Communication guidelines are as follows:
- A program may voluntarily inform an applicant as to whether or not it intends to rank the applicant.
- An applicant may voluntarily inform a program as to whether or not the applicant intends to rank the program.
- Neither party (program or applicant) may solicit the intentions for ranking from the other party.
- Neither party may disclose to the other party or solicit from the other party any information regarding the positioning of any applicant or program on a Rank Order List.
- The MedPhys Match results constitute a binding commitment from which neither the applicant nor the program can withdraw without mutual written consent. A program must offer an appointment to each applicant with whom it is matched, and the applicant must accept the offer and attend the program, unless both parties agree in writing to release each other from the MedPhys Match result. A program may not offer a position to any applicant who was matched elsewhere and subsequently not released from the MedPhys Match result.
- Program directors must send letters of confirmation of the MedPhys Match result to matched applicants within 10 working days of the release of the MedPhys Match results. Applicants must sign and return the letters of confirmation within 10 days of receipt of the letter from the program.
- Violations of the policies of the MedPhys Match agreements will be reported to an oversight committee from the AAPM and SDAMPP which will investigate the circumstances of the violation. The oversight committee may impose penalties on violators, including reporting the violations to other MedPhys Match participants, cancellation or denial of memberships, and barring the violator from participating in future MedPhys Matches.
August 10, 2016