Things to Know
- Registering for the Match does not constitute an application to any program.
- You should register for the Match if any programs to which you are applying are participating in the Match.
- You should check with each program directly about its application requirements and deadline dates.
- Most, but not all, programs use the ADEA PASS application service.
ADEA PASS and Sending Applications
You should check with each program directly about how to submit an application. Most, but not all, programs use the ADEA PASS application service and you can send applications to programs using that service.
ADEA PASS is a separate and distinct service from the Match, run by a different organization.
|ADEA PASS||The Dental Match|
|Sends your applications to programs, before the interview and evaluation process.||Determines your final placement into a program, after the interview and evaluation process is complete.|
|Contact ADEA PASS customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-612-2065||Contact NMS customer support at email@example.com or 800-461-6322|
Programs Participating in the Match
If any of the programs to which you are applying are participating in the Match, you should register to participate in the Match.
View Other Sources of Information on Postdoctoral Dental Programs
- ADEA PASS Program Search Engine
- The ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation
- The Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada
- The American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- The American Association of Orthodontists
- The American Academy of Periodontology
- The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- The American College of Prosthodontists
- The American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologist
- Special Care Dentistry Association
- The American Student Dental Association
Applying to Non-Match Programs
There are some AEGD, GPR, OMS, ORTHO, PED, PERIO, PROS and ANES residency programs, as well as all programs in other dental specialties, that do not participating in the Match.
If you apply to both participating and non-participating programs you will have to decide prior to the Rank Order List deadline whether to accept a position outside of the Match or to participate in the Match. Only programs that are participating in the Match can be included on your Rank Order List.
If you accept a position at a program that is not participating in the Match, you must withdraw from the Match.
If you certify a Rank Order List of programs and you do not withdraw prior to the Rank Order List deadline, your rankings will be used in the Match. If you are matched to a program, you must accept the position with which you are matched. If you refuse to accept the Match result, penalties may be imposed on you by the sponsoring organizations, as outlined in the Applicant Agreement.